Media CEO pay

I've obviously mentioned this subject many times, but for a long time I felt like a tree falling in the forest. I wasn't sure if I could be heard or not.

That's not the case anymore. People are starting to notice the ridiculously out-of-whack salaries of media CEOs, particularly now that the media isn't performing that well.

Deadline New York is the latest to tackle the subject.

Here's a snippet...
"It's considered a red flag when any public company pays one of its bigwigs -- usually the CEO -- three times more than the average for the four other top executives which the SEC requires them to list. So I've taken proxy statements and done the computations and discovered that at least 16 of 35 companies failed that test. Often miserably. Nearly half of the media company compensation packages disclosed so far for 2010 show a startling degree of hero-worship as boards of directors pay their top dogs sums that far exceed what the pay was for other top execs in the company."
And for the record, I don't blame my colleagues in the media for not bringing this up. Remember, these people are their bosses. Calling out a boss publicly is a sure-fire way of losing your job.